What a beautiful day today! I worked outside most of yesterday and now I am sporting a nice farmer's sunburn. While outside we found out that our son busted our gated pipe by driving over it with the four-wheeler. He was in charge of getting the area behind the gated pipe cleared of weeds and leveling the dirt and I gave him the option of using the four wheeler to pull out the stubborn weeds. Well he took that as an open invitation to do whatever he wanted to get the weeds out, including driving over the top of it! Sometimes I wonder if there are any brains inside his head. (BTW I ended up finishing the job and tweaking my shoulder while roto-tilling. I was going to plant shade trees back there but with the low riding power lines I am going to plant more fruit trees!) We ended up leaving the project midday and spent the rest of the afternoon and evening in Murtaugh. My nephew Jayden was baptized and confirmed. Amber fixed awesome tamales and homemade tortillas. Yum-m-m! My mom also turned 39 again yesterday! Happy birthday mom!
Today we went to Stake Conference which was good but after the first hour my bottom was getting very sore on the hard metal chairs. We miss sitting in the reserved seating when Leon was stake president. The last hour seemed to crawl along and Allie was ready to leave about the time President Tateoka got up to speak. He mentioned an e-mail from my father-in-law as being called as a sealer in the Temple. I am excited for my children to have the opportunity to have their grandfather seal them in the temple when they get married. How special that will be!!! After the talk Melissa commented on how she missed her grandparents. What a great example they are to us. We love the constant e-mails and pictures!
Tomorrow I get to drive the kids to school. It is quite the process and one I am not looking forward to figuring out. The new schools are great but they did not think out the driving thing very well. It is so bad that they need a police officer there to direct traffic! Alan cannot drive because he is called to appear for jury duty in Boise on Monday at 8:30 a.m. We are both dreading it and hope that it is just an up and back trip. They tell you to have enough clothes to stay for a week. We have got too much to do right now without the added headache of him not being here!
This week is our kick-off temple celebration with the youth. I am excited and hope that the youth will be excited and stay excited over the next 4 months. Zach is already complaining about it and it hasn't even started! Wish me luck in learning the 50's dance (my body doesn't move like it used to). Apparently the leaders are supposed to learn the dance also so they can help teach the youth. Yikes!!!!
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So how did Alan get the pleasure of doing jury duty in Boise? I have never heard of that! It was so nice today, it almost felt hot!
I am excited for the youth to get to participate in the Temple. This is such a great blessing to the area. I only wished it was easier to get the YM involved. I know the numerous times I have mentioned it they all look for the nearest exit.
Hopefully they will have fun.
YAY!!I love to dance- although I am terrible at it, so the girls will probably be so embarrassed that they won't want me to come anymore or be near them when dancing:) I love your music! And you are doing so well with keeping up on posting! About the stake leadership meeting on Thursday....
Post a Comment