I can't even remember the last weekend that I was able to sit down and watch all four sessions of general conference. It was so enjoyable! We usually have some game to attend on Saturday but not this year! Everyone was here except for Melissa and she was at a volleyball tournament in Boise. We are so grateful that there is one other girl from Jerome that plays and so we carpool to and from practices and switch off going to the games.We only have 2 more tournaments. One in Jerome on the 19th and then one is SLC the first weekend in May. She has really loved playing volleyball but we are ready for a break from the traveling.
My mom came down on Friday for a few family things. We went out to dinner at a Sushi restaurant in Twin Falls and meet my sister Angie and her family there. I was really excited to try out authentic sushi. I am a big seafood lover and I knew that if my sister and brother craved it so would I. I ordered the buffet so I could try whatever I wanted and eat as much as I wanted. A large plate was brought to me with lots of different kinds of seafood wrapped in seaweed and rolled in sticky rice. I tried about five different kinds and I just couldn't take it anymore. I pushed the plate away for others to eat and ate off my niece's plate. It is just not right to eat raw salmon. Yuck, and double yuck.
I have been in a major purging mood lately. I went through and totally organized my computer room. The room is complete with labels and drawers for everything. It feels great to know where everything is! My second purge was my storage room downstairs. I got rid of a lot of things that I thought I might use again someday (such as old decorations, clothes, etc.) It felt so liberating and rewarding to send things to the D.I. I also went through all of the kids drawers and took out clothes that no longer fit and got out the Capri's and shorts. Now if it will ever stop snowing we might get to get some use out of them! I also recently painted and got new furniture downstairs. Everything is neat and tidy and has a place. If anyone has a magic potion that helps kids put things away when they get them out please let me know. I have tried everything and nothing seems to penetrate!
Speaking of my kids they are all doing great. Zach is practicing football 2 times a week before school, he also participates in open gym for basketball once a week and he runs track after school everyday. It is great for him to be busy. He had way too much time on his hands this last winter. He is looking for a job this summer. I find that he doesn't tease his sisters as much when he is busy. Melissa is keeping busy with volleyball and school. She was pleasantly surprised to receive the top math award for her team. Hannah is doing great. Her back seems to be healing nicely. She is back to doing P.E. in school and jumping on the tramp and running around outside. I told her P.E. was fine but she needs to sit out when they play dodge ball. She doesn't need to get hit in the back! Rachel is performing with a singing group in May. She gave us a sneak peak of a song that she will be singing with her group during FHE. She has such a beautiful voice and I hope that she overcomes her fear of singing alone in front of others. As soon as she hears anyone make a snicker she immediately clams up. Abigail tolerates school and can't wait for summer. She has the best score for the number of sounds she can say in a one minute in her class. She is my Scooby-Doo lover and rushes home each day to watch an episode. Allie is done with the nap thing now. (sigh...) She is too busy playing with Abby to take a nap. She does get very tired in the evening and has to go to bed early now. She talks about going to school and playing with Brigh-Brigh on a daily basis. She also asks me everyday if we are going to the store. She knows that she can usually get a treat out of me if we do!
Alan and I are trying to exercise more frequently. My legs are quite sore tonight but it is a good kind of sore. Now - if we can just keep it up. My mom is determined to lose 10 pounds before our cruise in June. She is already skinny but continues to work away at it. Jane and Leon also look great. It must that daily walking and conditioning that they do in Chile! They are so inspiring!
We are looking forward to spending more time with my family this weekend. My nephew, Jayden is getting baptized and I get to give the baptism talk. He is such a cutie. Have a great day!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
A couple of things....once I read about a mom that would put "treasures" under certain items when a room needed to be cleaned and then it kind of made the clean up time into a treasure hunt. Also, I saw on Oprah once a mom that one day decided anything left untaken care of at the end of the day, she would sell on EBAY. Her kids and husband didn't really believe she would do it, but she even sold her husband's Blackberry and her kid's school backpacks (with books!) That's a little bit much I suppose, but they no longer leave anything out for their mom to sell anymore :) Also, Mckenna refuses to take naps as well, so her and Allie must have been planning a revolution during nursery ;)
And yes, it's really 12:05 AM! I know, I'm crazy and will totally be regretting this in a few hours when my kids are up ALL NIGHT LONG
I had the left over dessert late last night, so it had all night to just sit and make fat! At least you ate yours this mornign and will be busy doing stuff and work it off, mine has already converted to another 3 lbs I don't need :) My whole family is like Melissa, and Matt is the very worst. I can't really expect McKenna and Trey to be that responsible, but it's like I have a third child to clean up after! Also, I can't figure out how to join the recipe thing, you'll have to let me know how. The music is really easy- go to playlist.com, open an account (it's free) then search for songs you want, add to playlist. Then at the end, save your playlist and get the HTML/java code (it has a part where it says "get the code" and you choose "other" (it will give you the option of myspace, etc..) then copy the code, go into your blog under layout and on "page elements" choose "add page element" and then under "html/java" paste the code you copied, and you're done. See, really simple :) call me if questions!
I'm really not stalking you, I just wanted to say...GADZOOKS BETTY! And also, was thinking that when it is my turn to choose the recipe item of the week, that I will choose SPAM. Just kidding, I hate SPAM!
Post a Comment