The weather around here has been so unpredictable. One day it feels like spring, then summer and today it feels more like fall/winter. I am SO ready for the warmer weather but I do appreciate days that are cooler so I don't feel so guilty that I am not outside getting things done. My latest landscaping project includes planting 15 trees/bushes. It took me 5 hours of labor intensive work. Rachel came home from school as I was coming in the house and she couldn't believe that I worked for that long without taking a break. My children work outside for 30 minutes and think that they are going to perish. Most of the trees/bushes went out behind our gated pipe where there was just dirt and weeds. It took me at least an hour to place the trees where I wanted them. The burning bushes from Costco weighed about 100 pounds each. I swear they put cement in the pots. I plan to cover the dirt with a ground cloth and then put bark or rock over the top. I haven't planted anything in the garden or any flowers yet. The weather is so funny right now.
We would like to build a new enclosed shed some where on our property this year. Some possible locations we have considered is where the open shed is now (Alan does not want to tear it down - we always need more storage space), out in the dirt by the chicken coop, over the existing basketball court (I vetoed that one quickly. Alan said that we could shoot hoop indoors but I know a project will always be in the way) and the last option which pains me but really is the best is to tear up 1/3 of our new grass and go back behind our house. If we do go for option #4 I want to rent a sod cutter and roll up our wonderful grass to plant in other sparse areas of our lawn. It is such beautiful grass. It makes me want to kill off some other sections of my yard and start over.
We are gearing up for May and all the end of the year school events. Melissa finished up with Club Volleyball last weekend and is trying to complete her science fair project now. Zach has a few more weeks of track and then he will be done with that. He is going to work for Paul Lloyd this summer. We are excited for him. The girls are getting ready for their piano recital on May 16th. Rachel has a TaVaci concert the next day on the 17th. Abigail is so ready to be home all day again. She loves school but really likes her free time. Allison loves it when the kids are at home. She is Abigail's best playmate. She is going to be moving downstairs with Abigail this summer and Rachel will get her room. I am not sure if I am ready for my baby to be moving downstairs. Abigail is apprehensive and excited for it because she will get to be the big sister but Allie really does make messes in no time at all. Allie is growing up so fast and is such a delight. She stands in Melissa's closet and tells everyone to stay out because she is showering. She tries to wiggle her eyes like Melissa by moving her head side to side. She loves dollies and stuffed animals. She loves books and changing clothes a hundred times a day. The other day she was looking through some photo albums and told me that she wants that and that dress back. I told her they were too little but that didn't seem to matter to her. Well I need to get some housework done so goodbye for now!
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love your new background! I am going there to find a new one for me....I too need to do housework. How about you come do mine and I will do yours? (I can guarantee mine is worse than yours!)
Post a Comment