Friday, March 14, 2008

Rachel Turned 9!!!!







Rachel turned 9 on the 12th. She has been anticipating her birthday for a while now. We decided to do brownies in cupcake holders for her to share with her school class the night before. I asked her how many children were in her class and she assured me there was 24. That was perfect because I could use two muffin tins. So I made 24. Not but 15 minutes after they were cooling she came up the stairs and said, oh yeah I forgot the new kid. I told her that she would just have to go without one then. She gave me that look as if I was the most stupid mom in the whole world and went back to bed. So.... I baked 2 more brownie cupcakes and used the rest of the mix for a YW activity. What I do for love....
The morning of her birthday was the usual chaos of getting ready for school but she was able to open one present with a new outfit that she could wear and have a great breakfast made especially by her mommy! Her dad picked her up from school at noon and they went and grabbed some lunch together at DQ. She informed her dad that she didn't want to go to his workplace this year for lunch and eat leftover Mexican food! Her class loved her brownie cupcakes and asked her if her mom bought them because they were so-o-o good! Alan picked the girls up from school and we had a few minutes to open a few more presents before she dashed away to an activity day. She came back bearing balloons, lip gloss and a small bear. We had her favorite meal for dinner (Bird's Nests or commonly known to some as Chinese Sundays) and then we opened her presents. She was able to talk to grandma and grandpa Leavitt on the computer which was a treat for her. We had DQ cake/ice cream and then I rushed off to YW. I felt a little bit guilty leaving her, wondering if I made her day special enough but when I got home she hugged me and told me that this was the best birthday ever and she thanked me for making it fun. She has had fun playing with her big Brat styling doll head. The girls have given her a doll a t-shirt to cover up her immodest stomach. Last night she kind of startled me as I was going into another room. Her head is the size of a toddler and out of the corner of my eye I got a look at her and wondered who was standing in my hallway looking at me! It made me giggle to think that the doll head made me look twice. I took the doll to Hannah's room while she was in the bathroom and placed me on her dresser. A bit later Hannah brought the doll up to the kitchen. I asked her what she was doing with Rachel's doll and she said that it freaked her out when she was crawling into bed and looked up to see this doll starring at her. She was not going to have that doll looking at her all night! We placed it in Melissa's room and it didn't seem bother her at all. Funny.

No comments: