Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Fun

We had a great Easter this year. I went to a ward party the week before without Melissa and Alan. (They were at a volleyball tournament in SLC) It was so nice to go to an activity and actually be able to spend time with my kids, eat and leave when it was over. I do not miss being the Activities Chairman at all!!!!
The Easter bunny visited our house last Saturday and brought lots of yummy goodies for everyone. I swear the kids had most of their candy gone by the next day.
Sunday morning actually went smooth, and maybe it was because Alan was home until 8:00 a.m. We went to church and the girls wore their new Easter dresses and Zach was sporting new shoes and a white shirt. He is very particular about his white shirts let me tell you. They can't be too baggy and the sleeves have to meet at the end of his shoulders or we have some major drama. The girls looked so pretty in their new dresses. They all got their hair cut except for Melissa and Allie (Melissa got her hair cut Monday).
After church we had a few hours before we were to leave for Jeremy and Amber's house. We talked to the kids about the resurrection and the atonement and how it applies to us. It was real nice Clark!
We got together late Sunday afternoon with all my siblings and their children for a feast and egg hunt in Murtaugh. It was fun and the kids left with more candy and a full belly. Zach even hunted for eggs this year. He was searching for the $5 egg which MaKayla found. He had fun trying though. This is the first year I didn't have to help one of my children gather eggs. Weird! I did help Lukie gather eggs though. It was nice to visit with my family. They are GREAT!

No comments: