After 18 years Zach has flown the coop and headed for Utah State. We had tearful partings (o.k. I was the only one crying). I can't believe that I am old enough to have a child enter college. Crazy! We went down last Friday and Saturday and helped him get set-up in his apt. We met two of his roommates and they seemed very nice. We ended up buying him a small freezer that he could keep in his room for all of his food. He was worried about taking up more than his fair share of freezer space in the fridge. He should be good to go for several months now! Everything on Saturday seemed to be focused on buying him food and where to store his food. I am sure that he will be the envy of all his roommates with that small freezer. One funny story is that I found this great deal on a 4 piece dish setting about a month ago. As Zach was taking it out of the box we found out that it was not a 4 piece setting (enough for 4 people) but 4 pieces total. So he has one dinner plate, salad plate, bowl and cup until he can get home to get more. Zach seems pretty happy and officially started school yesterday. We hope that he can find a part-time job to help him take care of all of his extras. We are excited for him and this new phase in his life. It is great to know that he can always come home. I think he is appreciating all my home cooking about now. Miss you Zach!
Outside shot with dad and some girls.
Alan really wanted to get Rusty in the shot too.
Zach getting ready to leave.
"I can't believe my mom is taking pictures of me driving away!"
Wait! He has to stop and watch the girls on the their scooter. Abigail goes first.
I love how Allie wiggles her bottom to make this thing move.
Coming down the cement pad is so much fun!
And he is off!

No comments:
Post a Comment