I don't mean to bore you with our house plans but I mainly do this blog to bound events, everyday life stuff into a book every year. So look if you want but this is mainly a record for me! Here is a picture of what the south wall will look like. Not shown in the corner we have drawers in the bottom, a cabinet garage for our appliances and a lazy susan on the top.
Here is the east wall. I am excited to have drawers made to fit some large tupperware containers that have flour and sugar in them. No more dragging them out and filling up little containers to put on the counter, all I have to do is open the drawer now!
Here is a view of our 10 ft. island. We will have large drawers, small sink, trash compactor, cooktop and the two knobby things are pull out spice racks. We are going to paint the island black and distress it a bit. I hope it will look more like a piece of furniture instead more cupboards. The island will have a raised bar where we will be able to fit 5 people comfortably. It will make breakfast dishes a little bit easier in the morning. We decided to go with a couple of good old Mormon boys from Premiere Woodworking in Twin Falls to do our cabinets. They had the best price and have been so helpful in helping us design our kitchen. They talked me into doing more drawers instead of cupboards with pull out racks. Drawers have more depth on the side than pull outs. Makes sense to me!
Hopefully the foundation will be poured this week. The rock chipping has taken us longer than we thought and has pushed everything back. The huge dirt pile is getting removed this week also. Yes! Garden is partially in and I will be happy to get the sprinkler system up and running again. I worry that it is not getting enough water.
Had an interesting experience at Home Depot last night trying to get a bid on appliances. We had a older man helping us who obviously doesn't know anything about the appliances or how to enter things on the computer. I seriously wanted to cry by the time we got out of there.
Well I must sign off and go and watch Zach run. District is this week and state is next week. It is all going by so fast. FYI Zach's graduation is on Thursday May 27th in the CSI gymnasium at 6:00 p.m. We are getting invites out this week.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment