Zach finished up with his senior project over the weekend and presented it to the public last Monday. I have never really been a big fan of senior projects but after seeing them I think that I am now. Some pursued dreams that they have had, hobbies and potential careers. Zach probably would never have gotten his scuba diving license if it wasn't for this project.
Zach has a meet in Jerome this Friday if anyone is interested in attending. He is being introduced as a senior at 3:15 p.m. Next Friday is the district meet in Twin Falls and state is after that.
Melissa had her forever long speech banquet on Monday night as well. We ate dinner and listened to Scott Burton talk about each kid individually and hand out awards. It is quite the group. When I watched Melissa give her speech at district I was surprised at how well represented Jerome's school was and how little the other schools were represented. There were just a handful from Twin Falls. I think that Advanced Speech is a great program that teaches not only about writing skills or speaking in front of large groups but it teaches confidence and leadership skills as well. Way to go Jerome! Below is a picture of Melissa with her senior friend Callie Hall at the speech banquet.
Hannah finished up with her club volleyball this last weekend. Alan took her up to Sugar City and stayed with Don and Laura. Alan said that it was really cute how Ben and Sarah cheered for Hannah - even during the warm-ups! He also said that they were arguing about taking turns to retrieve the loose balls. Hannah loved it. We had an award's banquet for her on Tuesday at Idaho Pizza in Twin Falls. She has had a great year and has learned so much. She was the only 7th grader who played up on the 8th grade team. She shows a lot of promise and her coach expects her to play a lot next year. At the banquet her coach handed out an award for the girl who never complained, always put in a 100%, was positive and never gave up to Hannah. Alan and I about started bawling because that is what Hannah is and does with everything.
Well Alan didn't put the vent down on the chimney and a bird is stuck inside - happens every year. Those dang starlings! The girls are all quite intrigued!
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment