Friday, July 24, 2009

Fun on the water

Wednesday we took the boat out for the 2nd time this summer (pretty lame - I know.) We took our four oldest kids with us and left the little girls at home with a baby sitter. Melissa was sleep deprived from a volleyball camp and her stomach hurt early on, so she went and sat in the van most of the time, and Zach was upset most of the trip that the bindings on the wake-board were split and hadn't been replaced yet(which he did on the last trip). Alan, Rachel, Hannah and I had a great time. I managed to water-ski, knee-board and ride the tubes without getting the top of my hair wet! It has been very warm here lately, too hot for me!
Alan left this morning with Glen to fly to Phoenix for Uncle Henry's funeral, Zach left for Denver for a football camp this morning, Melissa has a volleyball camp tomorrow and Hannah has a swim meet in Wendell tomorrow morning. I am going to be mowing lawns today since we leave for Park City on Monday and getting whatever supplies that we need for the trip. Don't know how and where to pack any food. We might hit the zoo or temple square coming or going. It looks like I will be hitting the Stake 24 Celebrations by myself with some of the kids tomorrow night. No rest for the wicked, I mean weary! Happy 24th to you all!

Starting out!

Rachel is pretty serious when she first starts.

The wedge was down on the boat which created a serious wake!

Look at those muscles!

Melissa's tube was a little bit under inflated, so she really had to hold on!

Rachel had fun and she really caught some air because she is so small.

Knee-boarding is quite easy and fun. I did it so long my legs had cramps in them when I got into the boat.

Alan was trying to jump the wake with the knee-board. He also drank some lake water trying to do so.

I do love to water-ski but I found out wake-boarding is so much more fun. I am not too adventurous. I pretty much stay on one side!

Alan is a pretty strong skier.

It was cooling off a bit around 9 p.m. but the water was still 68 degrees.

At the last minute we talked Zach into knee-boarding and his legs immediately started to cramp when he got into the board.

No comments: