Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zach Graduates from High School

Zach our favorite son and first born in the wilderness as Alan would say has graduated from Jerome High School! It was a whirlwind week of getting ready for graduation and his party on Saturday. A lot of people asked me if I was sad and I did get a little teary-eyed about it a week before graduation but I am mostly excited for him to be entering into this new phase of his life. I remember going to college and being single and it was then that I really when I found out who I was and what I wanted out of life. His graduation was great and they got us in and and out of there in 1 hour!
Zach is going to Utah State this fall and is way excited. He went down to an orientation last Friday where he attended a bunch of different seminars. He signed up to be in "The Herd" which is premium seating at the sporting events for the year. He is ready to go now but he has to get through this summer working at Westec. He can't believe how hard the guys work there - according to him they have ten minute lunches and never take water breaks. It is hard work and I think it has convinced him that getting an education is important.
Thank you for all the well wishes, gifts and attending his graduation and party. Your support not only means a lot to Zach but it means a lot to us. He had a great party at our new house and had the loft in the shop all set up for games. His friends named it "Club Leavitt" and it became the "after party" place.The weather was over cast on his graduation night and windy on his party day. What a surprise.


The next few pictures are of Zach and his friends at his seminary graduation.

No comments: