Wednesday, June 9, 2010

House Progress

The walls are up and the electrician is wiring the house this week. We expect the drywall to start next week. I have decided on the hardwood flooring, kitchen sinks and appliances. Next I have carpet to pick out and painting to do. It is coming along nicely and we should be moving in the last week of July.


The hole for the addition and the shelf of rock.


The rock after it was chipped away. That cost us a small fortune.


The forms for the concrete are ready to go here.


Concrete is poured. We were able to get about 8 ft. 8 in. in the basement for ceiling height.



The addition is framed and ready to be wired and insulated. (The two windows will not be there in the future. They were the old windows of the existing home. I had them redo the stairs twice because I didn't want doors on the outside of the wall. I wanted one entrance instead of three. The girls will enter into their rooms as you go down the stairs.)



The house with the addition up and roof on. The siding should happen next week.


Outside garden area with the dirt pile removed.

No comments: