Thursday, October 30, 2008

Allie's preschool party








Allie had a little Halloween party and program with her preschool class yesterday. She woke up grumpy and didn't want to go. I think that she was kind of scared because she knew that everyone was going to dress up. Now if she had a class full girls dressed up in cute little princess and fairy costumes everything would be just great but it is the boys that tend to get a little scary. I convinced her that all would be well and after promising her that I would stay with her she relented to going. We got her all dressed up and she insisted on no glitter makeup but that is o.k. because she looks like a princess without it. We went into her classroom and there were all kinds of cute little girls dressed up in frilly costumes then we spotted the Hulk, Iron man, a bat and a ghost. She loosed the death grip on my hand after I again promised that I was going to stay. I tried to engage her in playtime with the other girls and she just stood there with her fingers in her mouth while all the other little girls played with me. I occasionally got a giggle out of her when I invited all the Polly pockets over to my party. She does have a friend MeKenna, who is much like Allie but a little bit more outgoing. When we arrived at preschool MeKenna's mom Jessica, (the teacher) said that MeKenna also didn't want to come to preschool and was hiding out with her grandma in the next room. She did join the party after some gentle persuasion.
I was a bit fearful of going to the nursing home to sing for some grandma's and grandpa's. I was worried that she would cling to me and hide behind me but she did great and sang most of the songs. She wasn't scared at all. I had planned on just taking her home after that but when she heard that there were treats and games at school she wanted nothing to do with going home. So we loaded up and off we went back to school. It was kind of fun to spend the morning with her and to help Jessica out. Eleven 3 & 4 year old's are a handful!
Allie is such a funny girl. People ask me all the time if she talks and believe it or not she does all the time, among her family. When we are out and about people attempt to talk to her and she just looks right through them, as if they are not even there. She tends to warm up to people just about the time we are getting ready to leave.
She is such a joy to have in our house right now. She loves her momma and very rarely lets anyone else into her little circle. Alan gets a little bit exasperated sometimes with her declaration that she only wants mom to do it. I keep reminding myself that I need to enjoy these precious moments because before I know it, it will be just a peck on the cheek and love ya, mom.....

1 comment:

J-Babe said...

So true:) She is a little princess:) I' am glad she had a good time and was able to interact with her classmates. She is a sweetheart:)