Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family Togetherness/Abigail's 6th Birthday































We had so much fun at my family reunion this past weekend. We camped at Twin Lakes in Clifton, ID right down by the water. The water level was pretty high so the kids could walk out quite a ways before it got deep. The kids loved the water. I drove the boat a lot for tubers but I got to do some water play myself! The kids could not get enough of the three man tube. I even managed to flip Hannah, Jayden and Amber on it which is quite hard to do and the funny thing I wasn't trying to. Everyone took turns doing a meal. It is always fun to see what people come up with. I did my griddle pancakes and eggs & sausage. It is a bit harder to regulate the heat on an open flame as opposed to my own electric griddle at home. I burnt a few in the beginning but all in all they really turned out great. Everyone wanted the recipe and I told them that they would have to buy one of Melissa's ward cookbooks to get it! She is selling cookbooks for $10 this year. I am excited to get my hands on one. It has over 450 recipes from members of my ward in it, including recipes from the Farnsworth's family cookbook. If you are interested in one let me know. They need to order them by June 30th.
I even did a little bit of fishing at the reunion and I even managed to put a few worms on my hook. My hands were shaking while I handled them. The little buggers kept moving all around. They do not die fast even when they are cut in 1/2! Zach rode his bike in the water to a little island and back. It was really funny just to see his head bobbing up and down. Talk about some leg muscles there! He got to the reunion Thursday night coming straight from a football camp at BYU. We let him drive himself there and back. I was a bit nervous and hesitant to let him drive alone. I kept telling him that driving in SLC is a bit different than Twin Falls. Of course I get the "get a life mom" look but afterwards he did say that it did get a little bit interesting at times and that drivers in Utah drive faster than in Idaho. I told him that just because they speed does not mean he has to also. He gave me that look again and told me that he is supposed to keep up with the flow of traffic. He is a bit too smart for me!!!! He took the GPS and it got him where he needed to go every time! I love that little gadget!
Friday we celebrated Abigail's 6th birthday. She had such a great day. She got lots of presents that she picked out herself but I told her that they were for another little girl. I can still get away with that with her but not for long! I made her a Candy land cake with lots of candy and a pudding center. It was a hit! We also got a pinata and stuffed it full of candy. It was very poorly made and broke after about the 8th hit by Rachel. Later that evening we headed to Lava for a wagon ride and she got to drive the team of horses because it was her birthday! They also sang to her while we were eating. She had a great day!
I enjoy spending time with my family. Sometimes it is a bit of a challenge to get everyone together but we really have a great time when we are all there. The babies were fun to watch. Lucas loved being outdoors everyday. I swear he would live outdoors if he could. He loved all the attention from his cousins. Cache (Ryan's baby) is getting cuter every time I see him. Next year he will be getting down and dirty with all the rest of them.
Alan and I leave for Alaska tomorrow! I am a bit apprehensive but excited. It takes so much work to get ready for a seven day cruise. I think it is a bit silly that they tell you what to wear on board for the evening (4 casual days with a blouse and slacks, 2 formal dress - or 2 church dresses and 1 day smart casual with a skirt or pant suit.) Kind of crazy but everyone we talk to says it is one of the best cruises to take and we will have a blast. I am a bit hesitant about the 3 hour Halibut fishing expedition we have scheduled. I can hardly fly let alone spend the day out on the boat in the ocean. But my mom reminds me to think positive so I will try. I will try and blog my daily events. See ya!

No comments: