We had fun playing in the sand, playing cards and doing lots of eating. Jaime and I went on a run (well I jogged and she ran) a few times while we were there. One time we were running on a road around the lake and I was focusing intently on all the ruts in the road - trying not to roll my ankle. All of a sudden Jaime starts hopping up in the air, clapping her hands and screaming. I didn't know what was going on so I started hopping and screaming too. Apparently I had just passed by within a few inches of a really big snake on the road but because I was so tunnel visioned at the time I never noticed it. We had a good laugh about that one and from there on out you can bet we were scanning the road!
My dad's brothers and sister were also camping about 15 miles away that weekend and we got together for a big feast Friday night and story time. I have always loved listening to my dad and his siblings talk about their childhood. I also got to see a few cousins I haven't seen in a while. My aunt Connie got married at their campsite the next day which we attended.
Memories - #1 Climbing the big hill across from our campsite a few times. The little kids had no problems go up and down, up and down but some of us older ones were at our max heart rate. #2 - Zach peeling out of the campsite on his motorcycle because his dad told him to hurry and drive it to grandpa's before the camp host came around the corner. The camp host saw Zach and was going to write us up a ticket. #3- The camp host's frequent visits. #4 - The snake. #5 - Visiting by the campfire. Family is what it is all about.
Playing in the sand was a favorite pastime for the kids. Cache loved to stomp on others creations. Once he flopped faced down on the sand and pouted silently after his sister MaKayla got after him. I had to turn him over to make sure he was still breathing. Taylor was drawn to the water and you had to watch her like a hawk to keep her out of it.
Melissa had fun helping the kids build forts.
Uncle Mark, Brent, Aunt Connie, my dad, Uncle Orin and David.
My dad and his family with Uncle Clyde and his wife. (My grandpa Palmer's brother.)
Here we all are with several of my cousins missing.
Great times!

No comments:
Post a Comment