Spring has sprung here in Idaho! I love to see the tulips popping through the ground, reaching for the sun! We have gotten a lot of outside clean-up done at our home the past two weeks. It is exciting to think of planting a garden soon but in the same breath it is a bit overwhelming too! I am so excited to see how Leon's garden boxes work for him this year. It is definitely something that I want to do at our next house. I certainly want to simplify my life at our next place - less weeds and less grass!
Our hunt for some good land in Jerome has been so frustrating. I wish that we could look outside the box but then our kids would probably have a heart attack if we did. We were leaning towards a 4.22 acre parcel but have been having 2nd thoughts about it lately. It really is too much land for us and we plan to make our next house our last. Do we really want to manage that much acreage when we are older???? We are looking at some acre parcels (2) in a subdivision up the road from our home. There are some advantages to a paved road in front of your home and pressurized irrigation. We shall see - too many decisions and sleepless nights.
One good thing that has happened is that we have narrowed down who we want to build our home. We are still waiting on a bid from Westec before we make the final decision. A guy from Preston, ID who has built the same style of home before is in the lead. We would have liked to keep it local but money talks! I have decided that we could keep getting bids forever and ever and ever.
We haven't had any takers on our home yet. We are going to give it another month to try and sell by ourselves. The 6% the Realtor takes off the top is a lot of money! Things are not moving very fast around here. We are trying to stay positive and not get discouraged. With spring here and green grass people are more eager to move. Everything seems to take time and a lot of it!
The latest from our kids is that Melissa went on her first date with Ethan Wheatley. It was to a Valentine's dance. We spent hours in the mall looking for a long enough and modest dress for her to wear. We honestly went through every store and the last store we ended up in was Sears - just for kicks. I really don't like to go into Sears because everything is so old and honestly smells old in there. But we went in there just to see and we found a cute dress there that was even on clearance! We were excited and it looked so cute on her. Here she is with her group. She is going to the Prom on April 10th with Tom Crozier. We found a beautiful, modest, sea-foam colored dress on our last visit to Logan.
Melissa is also getting ready for district speech in April. I listened to part of her speech today on the effects of bad language and it is really good. She definitely gets her writing skills from her dad!
Zach also went to the dance with Aubrey Callen. The boys in this picture are all of Zach's closest friends and the girls had so much fun with them that they talked about all going again with them to the Prom.
You may be asking yourself who the guy is in the back - Adam Sandler's. He made a special appearance at our high school. No actually the photo's were being taken in one of their favorite teacher's room and they grabbed his cut out and the Call of Duty head to be in the picture with them.
Abigail recently did a book report in her class about Florance Nightingale. She had to dress up like her person and it took a lot of time and step by step instructions (with photos) to make that nurse's hat. She looked so cute.
Rachel performed in a dance with 3 other classes in her grade recently. I think that it is cool that they are teaching young kids dances that even I don't know how to do. She thinks that she wants to join a dance group next year. It is hard to believe that she will be going to middle school next year. I am getting so old.
Hannah has been keeping us busy running to and from Twin twice a week for club volleyball practice. We have been doing this since Jan. on Mondays and Tuesdays. Too bad Melissa and Hannah's practice couldn't be at the same time! Hannah just started track and is very pooped after practice. I told her she should have been running over spring break - but no-o-o-o!
I can't believe that we will be registering Allison for kindergarten soon. She is ready to go but I still need to get those dreaded shots! Hopefully we can get the teacher we want for kindergarten. We shall see.... I can't believe that I will be approaching the time in my life that all my kids will be in school. O.k. I am really feeling old now.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment