Thursday, November 12, 2009

Happy Halloween!


This year for Halloween we met up with Ryan, Angela, Cache and Makayla at our ward's trunk or treat. I love trunk or treat - the kids get a lot of candy and it gives us folks out in the country a chance to hand some candy out! We never get trick or treaters at our house! Afterwards we walked around a few blocks in town together. Most houses were dark and not handing out candy but we had fun! Cache was such a trooper and knew just what to do! Zach will never let us live it down that he never went trick or treating as a kid. For some reason we just did the trunk or treat thing and thought that was enough. Within the last 5 years we have done some trick or treating after the ward's trunk or treat with the kids. Zach thinks he is too old for it now. I remember when I was a kid my mom would drop me and Laura Jensen off in town and we would canvas the streets for a couple of hours by ourselves. We had no cell phones and our parents were obviously not too worried about us. I also don't ever remember checking our candy before we ate it. Things have sure changed!
We ate pizza with the Palmer's and then the girls went home and sorted through their candy. They really made a haul this year! I don't take their candy away from them like I did when my oldest two were little. I would rather them eat their candy within a couple of days and get it over with, then drag it out for months. It is also less tempting for me to sneak a piece that way! Like their father our children cannot let a piece of candy sit idly by them!

 
Allison was the Little Mermaid this year.


 
Abigail was a cute little pumpkin witch!


 
Hannah was ??????????????


 
Rachel was a spa girl. 

2 comments:

J-Babe said...

Man Staci, I look at Allie and can't believe how beautiful she is! All your girls are beautiful! Tell Hannah she better smile next time in the pics or I' am going to start calling her Zach:)j/k They do kinda look alike though.

Leavitt Family said...

Hannah was mad with the thought of moving from our house. It just dawned on me why she looked so grumpy!