Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Boy's Birthdays










Since we were in California for Alan's 40th birthday. I decided to plan a surprise for him the next week. I secretly emailed people that know him and asked for them to type a short well wish or memory they have of Alan. The response was outstanding. Most everybody responded. It was fun to read about what people thought about Alan and memories that they had of him. A running thread through people that know him is that he is very easy going and rarely gets upset about things. His family remembers how much he teased them but ironically he was also the peacemaker of the family. (Except for the time he hit Glen with a bat.) I also put together a DVD of the last 40 years of Alan's life. I gathered a bunch of slides from the Leavitt's basement and transferred them to a CD. The kids commented about how different Grandma and Grandpa looked when Alan was a baby. It was very touching. I will try and get Bill to upload the DVD onto the FTP site for Jane and Leon to watch.







Zach's birthday was the next day on the 28th and was pretty low key this year. Hannah and I were at a volleyball tournament in Wendell for 1/2 the day and while we were gone Alan let Zach open all his presents and took no pictures, but he has it all on video! (Zach hates pictures anyway.) Zach later told me that he was disappointed that he didn't get breakfast in bed. I didn't think that he really cared about that tradition but apparently he does! Later that day Alan and I took Zach out to eat at Johnny Carino's. It is hard to believe that my first born will be a senior next year. He loves football and he runs his guts out on the track. He will be fun to watch in sports this next year. He is a great kid.

No comments: