Sunday, July 12, 2009

Abigail and Allison's New Room

Abigail and Allison had been begging me for a while to paint their room a different color. I was able to put them off during the school year with the promise that we would do it in the summer. Well, summer is here and I had no more excuses. So goodbye to baby chick yellow and hello to pink and green! I saw this flower, diamond pattern in a flier and I thought - no sweat, I can do that! Well I did do it, but it took a full day to do so. Melissa helped me paint the leaves. We also took out their old carpet and replaced it with new. That room has always smelt like pee and it didn't matter how much I shampooed the carpet - the smell never really disappeared. I told Abby and Allie that if they pee on the carpet and don't tell me - they were going to be banished to the dog house with Rusty. We got rid of a bunch of stuff and really got them organized. I even put up 8 shelves in their closet all by myself! Alan did help a little by cutting a little bit off the shelves because I had them cut too long at the Home Depot. The downstairs was a disaster zone while I was getting everything done and we had to wait a few days for the new carpet to be put in but I am glad that it is done, it really did need a change. Now I need to tackle the downstairs bathroom. That shouldn't be too hard - right??!!


Out with the old....

And, in with the new!

Diamond pattern on two walls

Shelves in closet



No comments: